was inspired by outrage over the Bush
Administration's blatant corporate cronyism which became
magnified when BushCo invaded Iraq based on lies in 2003. Unfortunately we failed to topple him in the 2004 election so we stayed around for another four years while our country continued to go downhill because of Bush. But now that Bush is out of office and the GOP out of power our mission must change accordingly.
Statement during the Obama Administration as this web site transitions to a new and format sometime during 2009: Even though this web site's focus will shift away from only Bush-bashing, we feel it is absolutely essential for Bush and others in his administration to be held accountable for their criminal acts even if another country must do this for us. In our view, Bush isn't really properly "toppled" until he's tried and convicted and hopefully sent to prison where he belongs. All of us need to stand together and demand investigations and accountability for the damage Bush and his corrupt administration did to our country during these past eight years. And we will continue to work toward that goal by making sure the new administration and Congress does more than just pay lip service to this issue. Our primary focus to improve our democracy is to make sure a serious independent investigation gets underway that has the intent and purpose of leading to criminal charges if the evidence so warrants. As a sidebar to this goal we also feel it is almost as important not to allow Bush to re-write his legacy. To help everyone preserve Bush's real legacy, we created the Bush Worst President Ever coin.
But it's also very important to help the Obama Administration attempt to repair all of the damage from the past eight years by ensuring the following is accomplished:
individual freedoms and rights that were destroyed by BushCo in the name of fighting
- Repair all the damage done from abuses of government that rewarded political friends and punished political enemies. Also, included in this is the abuse of government no-bid contracts.
- Reversing the damage done by Bush from dividing
and polarizing our country further along socio-economic,
racial, religious, and sexually orientated lines.
- Repairing all of the safety nets (legal and procedural) that protect the
less fortunate from the greed of predatory corporations.
the environment while going after polluter corporations
who have been paying for the right to pollute all of these years.
- Holding those accountable in a court of law for waging preemptive wars in violation of international
law and to clarify when the US can go to war preemptively to protect its interests.
- Holding Bush and other members of his administration accountable for committing acts of torture in violation of International laws and treaties.
- Making sure Guantanamo is finally closed and that any prisoners in the "war on terror" being held by us are given rights of Habeus Corpus and proper trials and/or not renditioned to other countries who do torture. This whole outside-the-law unconstitutional enterprise for dealing with terror suspects must end.
the separation between church and state and making sure it's a big one.
the economy from the run-up of such massive deficits primarily
as a result of tax cuts for the richest 1% of Americans,
pork barrel spending bills, and the unnecessary occupation of Iraq and futile attempts at nation building in Afghanistan - places where billions of taxpayer money has already been wasted.
- Taking the best care of our troops. Military personnel
still need much better medical care and support services for returning vets.
our severely damaged international prestige and role as the "trusted"
moral leader of the world.
- Undertaking a serious reduction in the entire military industrial complex.
- Repairing the damage from so many right-wing court appointments and people who were put in charge of governmental agencies and positions primarily to promote the GOP / Conservative agenda. This was especially true in the Justice Department so this entire agency needs to be overhauled.
- End the occupation of Iraq and prevent an escalation of any long-term occupation in Afghanistan.
- Taking back the abuses of Executive/Unitary Presidential powers and the powers of the White House and spreading them more evenly among all three branches of government again.
- Restoring our economy in the best possible manner and for the best long-term outcome while providing more support and assistance for those suffering the most because of Bush's recession. We must not allow the GOP to use the large deficit as a rationalize to cut government programs that help so many Americans. Much better oversight and possibly new regulations are needed for Wall Street and lending institutions.
- We must promote and sell diplomacy as the best way to deal with international problems and "hotspots". We must make it clear that the U.S. is better off when it cooperates with its partners instead of going it alone.
- Overturn any laws that allow the President or any government agency to listen in on our phone calls, read our emails, and peruse our charge card records without a court order or warrant.
- Make it clear that the President cannot make law nor negate laws he/she dislikes by attaching signing statements to these laws or abusing the process of signing statements.
- Negate the belief that tax cuts, less regulation, and the markets are always the answers to economic issues.
- End the idea that the President can operate behind a veil of secrecy keeping Presidential records sealed into perpetuity and/or not releasing information by always claiming "national security."
- We must make sure most Americans stay involved and become a part of this long difficult struggle to reclaim and rebuild our country.
- Change by Constitutional amendment the power of the President to issue pardons to restrict this power so that the President cannot use pardons to cover-up crimes committed by others in his administration or to shield himself from prosecution once he leaves office.
Remember..."The only thing necessary for evil
to triumph is for good men (or women) to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke
"If we whitewash the abuses of the past eight years, we’ll guarantee that they will happen again." - Paul Krugman January 15, 2009
WHEW! We didn't even cover a fraction of the issues that need to be addressed by the Obama Administration just cleaning up Bush's mess, which is why we continue on...
Closing thoughts: We all celebrated Bush's last day in office - that's a no-brainer. But the right-wing media isn't going away and neither is the GOP or the neocons or the nutty Evangelicals and other religious zealots. These groups will still be there trying to block a progressive agenda even if it means trying to tear down Obama just like they tried to take down Bill Clinton. The GOP will still be effective at getting people to vote against their own best interests. The corporate lobbyists and other special interest groups we distrust aren't going away either and many of them will still exert a lot of influence over Congress. They have been buying and paying for politicians in both parties for a long time now. Even Obama won't be immune from these influences even if he tries to govern from the center. So we will continue to do our part to promote and support those who are working for our best interests and progressive issues while exposing and fighting those who aren't. Will you continue to join us? We hope you will. -- R.J. Crane, editor, topplebush.com
you have any suggestions as to what you would like to
see on our website that would help in our efforts to expose
the Bush agenda, please feel free to contact
us. Please stay tuned as we wil post new annoucements about our new site on Topplebush.com so you will know where to find us when we move.
2003 and 2004 we contributed 10% from the sale of our
products to other efforts to defeat Bush and we also helped
raise money to defeat Bush. You can view
the complete list of our contributions. We also
show total dollar contributions made to the DNC from viewers
using our e-patriots' link. We will continue to make contributions
to good candidates and organizations in the future from
the sale of our products.
Special Thank You: This site could not have succeeded
without the tremendous support and many contributions
from our viewers all over the world. Our viewers have
made contributions to just about every section of this
web site. We owe them all a huge thank-you.
We need your support now more than ever to help keep this
web site up and running indefinitely. The sale of products
from our site doesn't compensate us enough for all the
work required to keep this site updated with all of the
content we provide to our viewers.You can help contribute
to Topplebush.com by making
a donation using PayPal or by personal check.
Topple Bush products by check or M.O.: While we
believe it doesn't get any easier or safer to order our
products online, if you prefer to send us a check or MO,
you can. Here's how: Please email
us with your order and we will send you back a confirmation
number which includes shipping charges and any sales tax
that would apply (MI residents only). Once we receive
your check and it clears, we will ship out your order
immediately. You can send your check or MO to the address
Policy: We guarantee the integrity of all of the products
sold on our web site. If you are dissatified with anything
you purchase from us for any reason, you can return the
merchandise to us within 20 days for a full refund less
shipping charges. Because of the strong partisan nature
of this web site, we set up a P.O. Box for all correspondence
and orders. So please mail your returns to:
P.O. Box 2315
Howell, MI 48844
you would like to sell Topplebush.com products on your
web site or in your store, please contact
us for dealer information and discount pricing.
Policy: We do not sell or in any other way distribute
the email addresses or personal informatoin of anyone
who contacts us or purchases any of our products with
one notable exception. If you are a spiteful Neocon or
right wing wacko and contact us to spew your hate-filled
drivel, we will do whatever we can to give your email
address away to as many spammers as we can for free.
Use Notice: This site contains copyrighted material
the use of which has not always been specifically authorized
by the copyright owner. We are making such material available
in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental,
political, economic, democratic, and social justice issues,
etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such
copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of
the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C.
Section 107, the material on this site is distributed
without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest
in receiving the included information for research and
educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site
for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you
must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This site uses CCNow with 128-bit encryption, the highest
level of encryption available, to process all orders.
toward Harrassment: We are fully aware of the harrassing
and bullying tactics of Bush's supporters and other right
wing fanatics. This site is protected by double firewalls
and software that records hits. If we notice of any of
this behavior being directed at us personally or our web
site, we shall take whatever legal remedies are available
to prosecute those involved. If you don't think we mean
this, you are even more stupid than we think you are.