was inspired by outrage over the Bush
Administration's blatant corporate cronyism which became
magnified when BushCo invaded Iraq based on lies in 2003. But now that Trump has become "president" he poses an even more dangerous threat than Bush therefore, we must resist the Trump Administration for as long as it takes and we must resist the GOP that so cravenly supports him.
Statement during the Trump Administration as this web site transitions during 2017: Even though our web site's focus has shifted away from mostly Bush-bashing, we feel it is still absolutely essential for Bush and others in his administration to be held accountable for their criminal acts even if another country must do this for us. In our view, Bush isn't really properly "toppled" until he and his co-conspirators in torture and wars sold on lies are tried and convicted and hopefully sent to prison where they belong. All of us need to stand together and demand investigations and accountability for the damage Bush and his corrupt administration did to our country during his presidency.
But it's now very important that all progressives and the Democratic Party attempt to hold firm and keep in place all the goals and accomplishments of the Obama Administration - accomplishments and goals that are now under threat from TrumpCo:
individual freedoms and rights that were destroyed by BushCo in the name of fighting
- Repair all the damage done from abuses of government that rewarded political friends and punished political enemies. Also, included in this is the abuse of government no-bid contracts.
- Reversing the damage done by Republicans and Trump in dividing
and polarizing our country further along socio-economic,
racial, religious, and sexually orientated lines.
- Repairing all of the safety nets (legal and procedural) that protect the
less fortunate from the greed of predatory corporations.
the environment while going after polluter corporations
who have been paying for the right to pollute all of these years.
- Holding those accountable in a court of law for waging preemptive wars in violation of international
law and to clarify when the US can go to war preemptively to protect its interests.
- Holding Bush and other members of his administration accountable for committing acts of torture in violation of International laws and treaties and now making sure Trump doesn't being another torture regime.
- Making sure Guantanamo is finally closed and that any prisoners in the "war on terror" being held by us are given rights of Habeus Corpus and proper trials and/or not renditioned to other countries who do torture. This whole outside-the-law unconstitutional enterprise for dealing with terror suspects must end.
the separation between church and state and making sure it's a big one.
- Not allowing the gap between the haves and have nots to widen even further as a result of more tax breaks to the wealthy that could now come from new tax breaks and/or the repeal of Obamacare.
- Taking the best care of our troops. Military personnel
still need much better medical care and support services for returning vets.
- Making sure Trump doesn't damage our reputation with other nations by weakening NATO, weakening global initiatives on climate change, aligning himself with Putin, and destroying treaties like NAFTA.
- We need a serious reduction in the entire military industrial complex - not a build up of it by giving military contractors bigger tax payer subsidies.
- Repairing the damage from so many right-wing court appointments and people who were put in charge of governmental agencies and positions primarily to promote the GOP / Conservative agenda. This was especially true in the Justice Department so this entire agency needs to be overhauled.
- End the occupation of Iraq once and for all and prevent an escalation of any long-term occupation in Afghanistan.
- Taking back the abuses of Executive/Unitary Presidential powers and the powers of the White House and spreading them more evenly among all three branches of government again.
- Restoring our economy in the best possible manner and for the best long-term outcome while providing more support and assistance for those suffering the most because of the last big recession. We must not allow the GOP to use the large deficit as a rationalize to cut government programs that help so many Americans. Much better oversight and possibly new regulations are needed for Wall Street and lending institutions. We cannot let Trump abolish the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- We must promote and sell diplomacy as the best way to deal with international problems and "hotspots". We must make it clear that the U.S. is better off when it cooperates with its partners instead of going it alone.
- Overturn any laws that allow the President or any government agency to listen in on our phone calls, read our emails, and peruse our charge card records without a court order or warrant.
- Make it clear that the President cannot make law nor negate laws he/she dislikes by attaching signing statements to these laws or abusing the process of signing statements.
- Aggressively fight the belief that tax cuts, less regulation, and the markets are always the answers to economic issues.
- End the idea that the President can operate behind a veil of secrecy keeping Presidential records sealed into perpetuity and/or not releasing information by always claiming "national security."
- We must fight for a strong press and NOT demonize the media. We must always support a strong media as a check against the abuse of power. And our "trusted" media isn't the National Enquirer or some kid writing a blog in his mom's basement.
- We must make sure most Americans stay involved and become a part of this long difficult struggle to reclaim and rebuild our country.
- Change by Constitutional amendment the power of the President to issue pardons to restrict this power so that the President cannot use pardons to cover-up crimes committed by others in his administration or to shield himself from prosecution once he leaves office.
- Cjange the Constitution to eliminate the Electoral College. We can't allow any candidate to win the popular vote by almost 3 million but lose the election.
Remember..."The only thing necessary for evil
to triumph is for good men (or women) to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke
"If we whitewash the abuses of the past eight years, we’ll guarantee that they will happen again." - Paul Krugman January 15, 2009
WHEW! We didn't even cover a fraction of the issues that need to be addressed that still linger into the new administration and we haven't even started cleaning up a lot of Bush's mess, which is why we continue on...
Closing thoughts: We all celebrated the triumphs and stability of the Obama Administration - that's a no-brainer. But the right-wing media isn't going away and neither is the GOP or the neocons or the nutty Evangelicals and other religious zealots and white nationalists. These groups will still be there trying to block a progressive agenda even if it means electing an unqualified nitwit like Trump. The GOP will still be effective at getting people to vote against their own best interests. The corporate lobbyists and other special interest groups we distrust aren't going away either and many of them will still exert a lot of influence over Congress. They have been buying and paying for politicians in both parties for a long time now. Trump is going to fill the swamp with these people. So we will continue to do our part to promote and support those who are working for our best interests and progressive issues while exposing and fighting those who aren't. Will you continue to join us? We hope you will. -- R.J. Crane, editor, topplebush.com
you have any suggestions as to what you would like to
see on our website that would help in our efforts to expose
the Bush agenda, please feel free to contact
Special Thank You: This site could not have succeeded
without the tremendous support and many contributions
from our viewers all over the world. Our viewers have
made contributions to just about every section of this
web site. We owe them all a huge thank-you.
We need your support now more than ever to help keep this
web site up and running indefinitely. The sale of products
from our site doesn't compensate us enough for all the
work required to keep this site updated with all of the
content we provide to our viewers.You can help contribute
to Topplebush.com by making
a donation using PayPal or by personal check.
Policy: We do not sell or in any other way distribute
the email addresses or personal informatoin of anyone
who contacts us or purchases any of our products with
one notable exception. If you are a spiteful Neocon or
right wing wacko and contact us to spew your hate-filled
drivel, we will do whatever we can to give your email
address away to as many spammers as we can for free.
Use Notice: This site contains copyrighted material
the use of which has not always been specifically authorized
by the copyright owner. We are making such material available
in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental,
political, economic, democratic, and social justice issues,
etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such
copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of
the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C.
Section 107, the material on this site is distributed
without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest
in receiving the included information for research and
educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site
for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you
must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
This site uses CCNow with 128-bit encryption, the highest
level of encryption available, to process all orders.
toward Harrassment: We are fully aware of the harrassing
and bullying tactics of Bush's supporters and other right
wing fanatics. This site is protected by double firewalls
and software that records hits. If we notice of any of
this behavior being directed at us personally or our web
site, we shall take whatever legal remedies are available
to prosecute those involved. If you don't think we mean
this, you are even more stupid than we think you are.